Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Not now honey, I'm harvesting






Well actually, I care!  If you know me you know I am addicted to farmville, and have been for a long time!  Sure I could be spending my spare time expanding my brain, building my problem solving capabilities, or maybe even finding the cure to cancer.  But no.  I am instead building a virtual farm and expanding my virtual greenhouse.   You may think it is a complete waste of time, but I believe Farmville teaches discipline, responsibility and expands my ability to plan ahead.  After all once you plant a crop it is your responsibility to plan ahead and harvest it before it withers!


Look at our cute avatars!  If you look closely you will see Sean's virtual puppy, his name is Terd!  Sean is even more addicted than I am.  I would say we compete, however he is soooooo much better than I am that I stopped competing about 15 levels ago!  How sweet is it that we bond while harvesting our trees and hunting for truffles.  Don't worry we do spend quality time together doing other things.  Every day we play at least a few hands of Zynga Poker, I'm pretty good at Texas Hold 'em, but I am a good wife and always let him win a few hands.  :)
Well just in case you were worried that Farmville rules my life, I will share another passion of mine....ANGRY BIRDS!  Yes there is something about slinging birds at pigs that is very therapeutic and relaxing.  I find it much more challenging than Farmville yet at the same time so simplistic.  Who needs therapy when you have angry birds!

Well I would love to keep sharing with you about the passions in my life, but my crops are about to wither!  Ok my next blog will be much deeper, inspirational and spiritual than this one, I promise! (ok maybe not the next one, but at least one blog this year will be deep and spiritual!)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I hate angry birds. I loved it for about 113 levels and now I have been stuck for about 2 months, I have been forced to quit because I can't progress, can't skip that level ! Too bad, it was a nice diversion while waiting in line.