Monday, February 28, 2011

Drink a pot of coffee and save the day!

Human multitasking is the performance by an individual of appearing to handle more than one task at the same time. Some believe that multitasking can result in time wasted due to human contact switching and apparently causing more errors due to insufficient attention. 


 I am beginning to feel that my ability to multi- task may be the death of me!  Earlier this evening I caught myself doing the following tasks all at the same time.  Playing Angry Birds and Farmville at the same time, while cooking dinner and being responsible for two young children.  Now keep in mind I had complete control over the situation, dinner did not burn, the children did not escape, and yes I finally passed level 11-7. 

My excuse is that Farmville and Angry Birds relaxes me and takes my mind of having to listen to the same episode of "Wonder Pets" for the 100th time.  And I believe my multi-tasking does save the day sometimes.  Without multi-tasking I would not be able to do a load of dishes, a load of laundry, dress 3 kids and get out the door by 7:15am.  All while drinking half of a pot of coffee!

But I highlighted one word in the definition of Multi Tasking above.  "Appearing"  I may be appearing to be handling more than one task at a time but maybe I would be a better cook if I stopped multi-tasking!  Hmmmm....that's thought provoking....maybe too thought provoking for me!  I think I'm off to watch a chick, turtle and guinea pig save the day!  Until next week my friends, think about the dangers of multi-tasking!

Singing.....Wonder Pets, wonder pets we're on our way, to drink a pot of coffee and save the day! 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You guys are such a cute family! If you're nuts, we must be as well, 'cause a day in the life at the Elliott's house, sounds an awful lot like a day in the life at the McLaren house, lol! Thanks for sharing a little bit of your family's "craziness" with your friends, it makes us realize how "normal" we all are!
Hugs,
Misty :)

nick&abby said...

I'm glad you didn't burn dinner ;) I can't believe you can accomplish all of the before 7:15am! I still have a hard time getting up before Adelyn does in the morning...and that RARELY happens especially now that I'm not working :)

Jessica E. said...

hahha you are funny! I wish I can multitask like that!