Tuesday, March 22, 2011

We Survived the First Five Years!!


Uriah is 5 years OLD today!  They always say the first 5 years are the most important years of a child’s life. It is a vital time to learn how to build relationships, trust, speech, language and social skills.  It is of the utmost importance that children have stable and loving relationships in their life.
I remember when Nathaniel turned 5, I said, “well I don’t think we did too bad!”  And today I can say the same thing about Uriah!  He’s an amazing kid, and I think he thrived the first 5 years of his life!
So tonight we are going to celebrate!  He’s a lucky boy because he gets 3 birthday parties!  He told me this morning he thinks he should get 5 birthday parties because he is turning 5.  I asked him if that means I get 35 birthday parties this year because I’m turning 35.  He thought for a minute and said, “mommy that is too many birthday parties”  I love five year olds!
Uriah says the cutest things, the way his mind works is so imaginative and fun.  I love his innocence and creativeness.  I remember when he was looking through his valentine cards from school and he said, “mommy guess what, the coolest kid in class gave me a valentine.”  I said, “Really who is that”  He started laughing and said, “ME I sent myself a valentine”  I love it!
So happy birthday to you Uriah!  The next 5 years will be just as fun as the first 5!

No comments: