Friday, March 18, 2011

My New Goal

So I wrote a blog 2 weeks ago, but apparently it was a bit depressing and someone recommended I take it down! It’s a long story but I was reading blogs of all these fabulous mothers that feed their children things like home-made oatmeal with orange zest and fresh smoothies for breakfast.  And I was feeling like a bad mother!  So that blog got taken down J 
Last week’s blog was more inspiring, and heartfelt.  So this week will be about my fat A$$, oh I mean this week will be about my new goal to lose weight! 
I went to the doctor a few weeks ago for a checkup and he told me I should be back down to pre-pregnancy weight by the time Z man is 1 year old.  Well I looked at the calendar, the scale and crunched some numbers……YIKES!  That’s 40 lbs in less than 3 months!

That is when I saw the couch to 5k running plan on my friend Abby’s face book page.  Well, this is the end of week 2 and I’m still alive! Abby and I have made a few adaptations to the plan, but we are running and running well! 
My wonderful hubby got me an IPod for my birthday last year.  And this week I found a cool pedometer feature on it.  So I used it and the next time I charged my iPod it asked if I wanted to upload my info to nike.com.  So I did.  And now I have all these great charts and graphs of my work outs!  Wow technology is great! 
So here’s to my new work out program and to losing 40 lbs as soon as I can! Watch out everybody this mom is on a mission!

2 comments:

nick&abby said...

that's awesome with the ipod thing! I promise I wasn't ignoring you friday night...we were busy packing to leave Saturday and my phone got misplaced...again...
I'm sorry! Let's run later this week...I want to pick your brain on In-Shape (is that what it's called?)

Cultivating Good Things said...

ok....my knees are not handling the running anymore, I have to go to the gym instead. I'm kind of sad about that, but I do not want to hurt myself so, back to the gym! And yes I would LOVE it if you joined with me!